A rather meta Kickstarter idea- 2 mins
I just backed the book Attaché guide to travel on Kickstarter.
Attaché is a travel show aimed at a modern jet setter, focusing on the essentials to get around in a new city. It covers things like: how to get from the airport to the centre fast and on the cheap, where can I grab a local delicacy, and what’s a fantastic local brew. All supported by beautiful photography, this show really speaks to my millennial self and I’m sure the book will too. It’s a well-priced book, only £15 plus shipping (it was even cheaper in early bird offer but those were gone in a matter of hours).
The real winner, however is in the £3000 pledge reward - An Attaché episode in YOUR city. (Plus a few copies of the book and the usual shebang). Think about it - that’s an award winning show with hundreds of thousands of views per episode.
What if we raised that money and get one recorded in Ljubljana, Slovenia’s capital city 🇸🇮? You know, the one place with a bunch of dragons 🐉, a super cute centre and some amazing views of the surrounding mountains 🏔? It could be a great way to promote Slovenian tourism and get some cheap exposure - guerrilla style.
Here’s some pics of Ljubljana kitsch to give you an idea (all sourced from WikiMedia Commons):
A few things of note:
- Sure, it’s not MY city anymore (it never really was), but I still like it. And I honestly don’t think London needs more promotion.
- I think it’s doable, and not just one of the totally crazy ideas I usually have.
- The 3 grand is not something I could just excuse spending, hence a call to action.
- It’s a Kickstarter thing, it comes with a risk that it all goes to hell.
- I’m willing to set up a campaign if I get more than 100 likes or whatever messages of support internet has to offer. The time is running out, so let’s move fast (and break the Internet).